Asset Management Specialist Certificate is the prerequisite for the Certified Housing Asset Manager® training program
The Certified Housing Asset Manager® is the second of two training programs offered by CHAM. It is an advanced-level designation that teaches the skills needed to manage the long-term success of affordable housing properties and portfolios. Candidates are typically responsible for implementing asset management in their organizations or are planning a career move into the profession.
- Evaluate the performance and cost of real estate assets.
- Techniques for analyzing and managing properties and portfolios to optimize the contribution of the real estate to the owner’s goals (both financial and mission).
- LIHTC topics, including investor return, adjusters, recapture and Year 15 disposition analysis.
- Risk management strategies to prevent or manage problems.
- Asset managers, portfolio managers, developers, property managers and individuals who supervise or oversee asset managers, such as CEOs and CFOs.
- Could be employed at nonprofits, for-profits, syndicators, investors, lenders, Housing FinanceAgencies, Public Housing Authorities and government.
Candidates must have successfully completed the Asset Management Specialist certificate program.
The CHAM program concludes with a hands-on practicum where you develop an asset management plan for one of your own properties. A great way to build skills and help your organization at the same time.
Advanced Financial Tools for Asset Managers (AM321)
You will master a range of techniques to measure the profitability of multifamily real estate and options for refinancing a property’s debt. Dive into LIHTC issues and concepts.
Advanced Housing Asset Management (AM351)
This class will bring together all of the aspects of asset management covered through the CHAM curriculum. You will hone the full range of asset management skills needed to analyze each aspect of performance of portfolios and individual properties. You will develop an asset management plan for one of your properties.
Understand the steps of affordable housing development or preservation.
Low Income Housing Tax Credit Compliance
Knowing the compliance requirements for the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Compliance program is an essential skill for asset managers.