The Asset Management Specialist certificate is the first of two training programs offered by CHAM. Learn the fundamentals of asset management with an emphasis on overseeing property performance and fulfilling the owner’s goals. Mastering the basics of asset management equips you to manage the information exchange between development, property management and ownership.
What You Will Learn
- Roles and responsibilities the asset manager plays through the life stages of a property
- Property performance indicators
- Basics of an affordable housing deal and importance of setting up deal books for each property
- Components of property and portfolio asset management plans
- How to apply real estate financial analysis tools to a property and identify options for improving financial performance
- Analysts, asset managers, portfolio managers, developers, property managers. The AMS is especially good for individuals new to the field.
- Could be employed at nonprofits, for-profits, syndicators, investors, lenders, Housing Finance Agencies, Public Housing Authorities and government.
As the AMS is an intermediate-level designation, you should have a basic understanding of affordable housing and a working knowledge of Excel.
Nuts and Bolts of Asset Management (AM121)
Learn key asset management concepts, theories, and responsibilities, and how they apply to real multifamily properties and portfolios.
Asset Management Fundamentals (AM290)
Become grounded in the strategies of sound asset management through interactive exercises that develop skills and understanding about the practices of asset managers.
Financial Fundamentals of Asset Management (AM291)
Master the basics of real estate financial analysis critical to the long-term success of multifamily properties and portfolios.