2020 CHAM ANNUAL CONFERENCE CANCELLED
With great disappointment, we must announce the cancellation of the CHAM annual conference that was scheduled to take place in Denver from June 15 to 17, 2020. But health and prudent planning both dictate the wisdom of doing so. We know that you fully understand.
Conference Cancellation Details:
- Reservations: The Embassy Suites will cancel all hotel rooms that were secured under CHAM’s hotel room block. Any guest that reserved their room outside the block (Expedia, Hilton Honors points, AAA, etc.) will need to call 1-800-220-9219 and cancel their own reservation.
- Sponsors and Presenters: You should have already received an email from CHAM President Harold Nassau. Please be in touch with him if you have any questions.
CHAM 2020 - NEW TRAINING AND RESOURCES FOR ASSET MANAGERS!
With the COVID-19 crisis, the asset management field is needed now more than ever to ensure that affordable housing will meet its financial and mission goals. Even though the conference has been cancelled, CHAM is expanding our online training, resources, and tools so that you can continue to get the most current industry information to do your work and build your skills. Particularly with the current crisis, the need for much faster and broader information exchange is obvious and imperative.
Here is the plan for the upcoming CHAM online offerings:
- Begin with COVID-19 webinars for asset managers focusing on portfolio scenario planning and analytics.The first one is Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 4:00pm ET. See below for more information about this webinar and an upcoming virtual class on Deal Books.
- Take the content for the planned 20-odd conference sessions and produce some 10-12 webinars over the next 4 months. Some will be in themed series. Others will be individual topics.
- Offer our popular Asset Management Specialist designation courses online.
- Build up the website with resources and tools that will support the work of asset managers.
These are unprecedented times for affordable housing, our residents and our communities. We need to be strong, resilient and support each other. Please let us know how CHAM can help by emailing us with your concerns and ideas.
Harold Nassau, President
Consortium for Housing and Asset Management
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Stress Testing Your Portfolio: Asset Managers
Coping with COVID-19
Date/Time: April 7, 4:00pm ET
CHAM presents a webinar featuring leading syndicators and owners of mission-based affordable housing who will demonstrate sensitivity analyses to create portfolio scenarios to help manage the crisis.
During the COVID-19 crisis, asset managers of mission-oriented affordable housing are needed now more than ever. We have seen how data analysis is critical to crisis management. Our field is uniquely positioned to provide the leadership and expertise needed to protect our nation's affordable housing resources.
This webinar is essential for asset managers and CFOs responsible for mission-oriented affordable multifamily housing portfolios and professionals who support the industry. This includes nonprofit and for-profit owners, PHAs, syndicators, investors, lenders and government.
Dena Xifaras, POAH
Katherine Fleming, Bridge Housing
Peter Lawrence, Novogradac
Ryan Robinson, Cinnaire
Tony DiBlasi, Ohio Capital
Valorie Schwartzmann, Homeport
Moderator: Harold Nassau, NeighborWorks America and CHAM
Building a Property Deal Book as a Component of Your
Asset Management Plan (AM210vc)
Date/Time: April 9 - April 30, 2019;
Online sessions on 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30 at 3:00pm ET
This four-week faculty-led online class will assist participants in developing a basic property deal book for one of their own properties. Participants can select one of their own properties or use a prototype property provided in the course. Over the course of four live online sessions held each week, participants will sequentially build the foundation of their deal book.
The course will inform participants as follows:
- Review various deal book formats for collecting and tracking data, select the format that best suits their property needs.
- Review required property documents such as a property audit, regulatory and/or loan agreement, limited partnership agreement, and other applicable property docs.
Weekly learning assessments will be assigned to ensure participant comprehension of the course content. The session is designed for participants to create a deal book for one of their own properties, but a full set of sample documents will available for those that prefer to use the subject property presented by the instructor.
View the Full Course Description
Preview the AM210vc Participant Guide Agenda